The Arc of Shelby County serves as a Community Rehab Provider (CRP) for pre-employment transition services for students. Through partnerships with Vocational Rehabilitation and Shelby County schools, The Arc of Shelby County provides a variety of services to students age 16-21 throughout Shelby County.
Smart Work Ethics training, workplace readiness classes, social skills training, driver’s permit training, college tours, and job exploration and workplace tours to students age 16-21 throughout Shelby County.
- Smart Work Ethics Training
- Workplace Readiness Classes
- Social skills training – assisting students with learning appropriate behaviors on the job and in the community.
- Job readiness training – to prepare for seeking employment, preparing for interviews, and completing applications.
- Job Exploration and Workplace Tours
- Drivers Permit Training
The JETS Summer Program also provided 15 students with a three-week training that included classroom work and an on-site, paid internship.