The Arc of Shelby County’s Employment Program assists individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in achieving their career goals and assists community employers in finding eager employees looking for meaningful work.
The Arc of Shelby County’s Employment Specialists focus on a jobseeker’s unique strengths and abilities in order to provide an individual, tailored job search for each person. Meticulous personal assessment and in-depth evaluation of each place of employment are the first steps in “job-matching.” The key to successful job-matching is facilitating a compatible pairing of employer and employee. When the right job match occurs, employment is more enjoyable, fulfilling and successful for both employee and employer.
The Arc of Shelby County’s Employment Specialists provide:
- Thorough assessments of job interests and job skills
- Job search assistance
- On-site collaboration with employers for job training
- Development of an individualized long-term support plan
- Ongoing advocacy and problem solving assistance
- Assistance in making successful job matches
- Training and preparation for specific jobs
- Disability awareness training for employers and other employees
Milestones and Career Assessment
Pre-Employment Transitional Services (Pre-ETS)
For more information about the Employment Services Program contact Heather Bell-Lawing at email@example.com.