The Arc of Shelby County’s Junior Board supplements the work of the organization’s governing Board of Directors through engaging community support for its mission, programs, and services. Membership on the Junior Board provides an opportunity for young professionals to increase awareness of The Arc of Shelby County in their business and social networks. The Junior Board provides members with a way to deepen their understanding of diversity and the inclusion of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in every aspect of life. It also provides an opportunity for community service and to learn about the operation of a 501(c)3 organization and board service.
As ambassadors for The Arc of Shelby County, Junior Board members are expected to:
- Enthusiastically support the mission of The Arc of Shelby County and create awareness of programs and services within their community network;
- Make a meaningful financial contribution to The Arc of Shelby County at least one per fiscal year;
- Attend a minimum of four of six Junior Board meetings per fiscal year;
- Serve on an event committee and support the planning and execution of The Arc of Shelby County’s annual fundraising and social events;
- Commit to a minimum of two hours of volunteer service at The Arc of Shelby County each fiscal year;
- Provide/attract resources that will support The Arc of Shelby County’s programs and financial sustainability;
- Support in the recruitment of prospective Junior Board members.
Interested in serving or in nominating someone?